Friday, April 1, 2011

French Cheescake

A french cheesecake is a beautiful thing.  It is much lighter than it's American sibling due to the whipped egg whites added before baking.  If the French can find a way to put egg whites into something they won't hesitate.  We are still tinkering with this dessert but I think we have an excellent start.  We infused the cream with a little lavender and incorporated some of our house-made creme fraiche made from some delicious local cream and buttermilk for some tang.  The sauce is a thinned out lemon curd and for texture we made an almond brittle with some intense honey from a farm by my house.  Just writing about it is making me drool.    I might have to indulge in one tonight, if my wife leaves me some...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. The lavender has finally emerged from its snow cover, so spring is definitely here.
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete