Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Size matters

Tonight we went out for a drink to someplace in Hadley. We both ordered a cocktail and out came two drinks the size of big gulps. Old school cocktails seem to be making a comeback, but in a much larger size. I don't quite understand the new concept of the oversized martini/cocktail. I think I would rather have a few ounces less, enjoy a well made and manageable drink, and order a second if I need to than have one of these ridiculously large cocktails. At home we stil have (apparently) old school martini and highball glasses and we don't need any more booze than that. Now you can get a pint of beer or a pint of martini. When I ran bars, I would rather make a few less dollars per drink and maybe serve you a few more than one obscenely large "martini" and watch you sip it for an hour or two. My wife is reading this over my shoulder and she keeps murmuring something about me being 30 going on 60, maybe she is right...

No comments:

Post a Comment