Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lobster Rolls

Today I learned a great lesson about New Englanders and their lobster rolls.  The bumper sticker "I brake for lobster rolls" is no joke. 

We worked the Tuesday Market this week and I thought some lobster rolls with french radish and herbs might be fun.  We sold out in two hours.  One person ordered one, then came back for a second, and was walking by when they overheard we only had a few left and got one more.  Usually we have trouble with anything over $5 at the market, but not with the $9 lobster roll.  I though for sure that my need for using high quality ingredients, like beautiful fresh lobsters like the one's we used, would bite me in my ass.  Nope, all N.E.ers know how to appreciate the finer lobster rolls in life...

2 comments:

  1. Gah! You must give advance warning of your Tuesday Market appearances!

    ReplyDelete