Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Salt

Americans love to worry and obsess about health related things.  Most of these issues are unfortunately blown out of proportion and we end up making dietary changes for no warranted reason.  The issues that do require attention end up going through the media like a game of telephone and end up in our ear a far cry form the distorted truth.  What the hell am I rambling on about?   This time it's salt.  We are all aware that salt is bad...but is it?  I don't think it is and I have been pretty vocal about it over the years.   I strongly believe most of us are misinformed about the role that salt plays in our diet.  The fact of the matter is that salt effects different people in different ways.  Here is an interesting article someone sent me today, that way you don't have to take an over-seasoning chef's word for it...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt

No comments:

Post a Comment