Thursday, May 5, 2011

One of My Favorites

If you have never been to Fernandez Family Restaurant in Holyoke, you are depriving yourself of some of the best Puerto Rican food this side of Puerto Rico.  In my opinion they only have two faults...they are only open for lunch and the portion sizes are out of control.  I am probably the only person who thinks the latter is an issue.  A small order of rice and beans with some unbelievable roast pork feeds me for three days (or stuffs me for two, which is usually the case).  I guess I can't complain about having to eat pork with rice and beans and a healthy dose of plantains for three days.  I could honestly eat something that comforting every day.  Speaking of which, my lovely wife surprised me with some take-out for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment